Part-Time Traditional Worship Leader
The Traditional Worship Leader will help fulfill the mission of Saratoga Federated Church (SFC) by overseeing and facilitating our Chapel and Traditional worship gatherings.
Purpose: To collaborate with the Director of Worship & Creative Arts (DWCA) to design and lead SFC’s traditional worship gatherings and experiences that enable congregational participation in worship.
Time commitment: Negotiable depending upon availability but can be up to 15-20 hours/week
● Lead worship in our Chapel and Traditional worship gatherings
● Lead weekly Wednesday evening choir and orchestra rehearsal
● Work closely with the DWCA to coordinate services to ensure that song selections, instruments, and video/media support the topic/theme and encourage worship
● Work with the DWCA to develop healthy volunteer teams throughout the department that serve with the common goal of facilitating worship
● Work with church staff to promote the values, visions, and goals established by the elders and church leadership
● Collaborate with the DWCA to create special seasonal worship experiences
● Oversee the selection and preparation, including instrumental parts, of all traditional music including worship, choir, orchestra, bells, and solo pieces
● Collaborate with the DWCA in planning for special worship events such as Kid’s Choir performances, Confirmation Sunday, Mexico Sunday, etc.
● Communicate with volunteer teams as needed
● Build relationships with members of the staff and worship teams to foster community and growth
● Proven ability to lead and foster community
● Ability to read music
● Familiarity with a variety of musical styles
● Expertise in conducting choir, orchestra, and ensembles in a church setting
● Experience in selecting music, managing logistics of music folders, and offering creative solutions to unique scoring needs
● Music degree preferred
Reports to: Director/Minister of Worship & Creative Arts.
Direct Reports: TBD