We face new issues in new seasons of life. Some are predictable and others are unexpected. When we are overtaken by a new difficulty or ready to face a long-standing issue, we benefit from the company of others who have dealt with or are facing the same life challenge. Their understanding, honesty, insight and courage strengthen us. Many of our groups are confidential, as is their time of meeting and location. Other groups run for a specific number of weeks, and are launched each time we have a core of interested participants. There are no fees unless noted.
Groups We Host
Ongoing and frequently offered groups are listed below. For further information or to inform us of your interest, contact our Care Team by email, telephone 408-867-1000 ext. 239 or Pastor Engelson (408-867-1000).
To ensure the privacy of participants, we do not (in most cases) list the day, hour and location of issue specific groups.
- Alcoholics Anonymous – www.aasanjose.org
- Job Seekers – CSIX Connect | Networking lunch for mutual encouragement and skill training by selected guests: Thursdays, 10:30 am to 1:00 pm (Cost: $5). csix.org
- Respite Care for Parents of Special Needs Children – Bridge Builders | 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, usually on the first Saturday of May, September and December. Follow the link for details and updates, or email Debbie Lillo.
- Grief Recovery – Each spring, starting the Sunday after Easter, we offer a five-week workshop on self-care for those who are grieving or who care for someone who is. Consider attending with a friend. The meeting place and times will be announced. Preregistration is requested. Email Peggy Beck or the Care Team.
- Women’s Honesty Hour – If you or someone you love has a life-controlling issue, you may benefit from a confidential group, where women face reality together and explore paths to freedom. New groups start quarterly in October, January and April. They are not “drop-in” groups. They have limited enrollment and run for a set number of weeks. Topics vary according to need. To inquire, contact Donna Coleman or the Care Team (408-867-1000 ext. 239).
- Divorce Recovery – When current needs warrant, we offer a support group for those experiencing or recovering from a divorce. This process has a set curriculum and is lead by a team that includes divorce survivors. To inquire, contact Pastor Engelson or the Care Team.
- Community Services – Many local groups give focus to particular needs. Click this link for a list of self-referral opportunities: Local Agencies and Services.