Student Ministry Associate (Part-Time, 25 hours weekly)
The Student Ministry Associate will support both Middle School and High School Ministry at SFC and will report to the Lead Pastor (along with the Coordinators of High School and Middle School Ministries).
- Character – SFC believes that character matters, especially in its leaders. Those who lead must live exemplary lives, modeling the behaviors of the kingdom of God. Staff members are expected to live by the teachings of Scriptures. This person must be a committed Christian leader with a passion for supporting those discipling middle and high school students. He/She must demonstrate a deep personal walk with Christ, integrity, proven ability to build trust and unity, be a team player, and a self-starter. They also must have a plan for personal care.
- Culture – This is the DNA of SFC. This leader will embrace SFC’s statement of faith, mission, values, vision, and overall team culture (our Playbook).
- Competence – Strong administration and communication skills. This leader must be able to support vision, organize large and small events, communicate (through written and verbal means) with small and large groups.
- Chemistry – The SFC staff has a dynamic interrelation between team members. So, there should be a mutual attraction and rapport that is consistently experienced both from and toward this leader.
- This position requires an individual with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. As part of the Youth and Family Ministry team, this person must be able to give administrative support to the Youth Ministry staff, volunteers, students, parents and Family Pastor.
- Database management
- Event administration
- Manages communication
- Assist in managing budget
- Participates in Student Ministry Team meetings
- Helps administrate the Mexico Trip
- Associate Duties: Answering Phones, etc (reporting to Minister of Church Operations)
METRICS OF SUCCESS:
- Projects are completed in a timely manner
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- Two years of post-secondary education
- Two years of administrative experience or equivalent