FLIPPED! - Embracing the upside-down, counter-intuitive, antithetical way of Jesus.
What was it like 2000 years ago for the people who knew Jesus, up close and personal? What was it like for the Disciples? What was it like for his family—especially Mary? What was it like for the women who were some of his closest follower? What kind of joy and acceptance was found by those who were forgotten or hated by society?
In this series we will walk through the Beatitudes, one-by-one, to see how Jesus flipped the script on what faith meant and what following God meant in this ancient culture. We'll also ask what each of these statements means for us today. Jesus came to show all of humanity a better way: the Jesus way. So, let’s get flipped!
- July 4 - Blessed Are the Poor in Spirit (Matthew 5:1-3)
- July 11 - Blessed Are Those Who Mourn (Matthew 5:4)
- July 18 - Blessed Are the Meek (Matthew 5:5)
- July 25 - Blessed Are Those Who Hunger & Thirst for Righteousness (Matthew 5:6)
- August 1 - Blessed Are the Merciful (Matthew 5:7)
- August 8 - Blessed Are the Pure in Heart (Matthew 5:8)
- August 15 - Blessed Are the Peacemakers (Matthew 5:9)
- August 22 - Blessed Are the Persecuted (Matthew 5:10-12)
- August 29 - Salt and Light (Matthew 5:13-16)
- September 5 - Better than the Best? (Matthew 5:17-20)