Church Operations Director Job Description
JOB TITLE: Church Operations Director
PURPOSE: To provide care, knowledge and skill to the support and maintenance of the Church’s operations. This includes hands-on management of the facilities and operational support to the staff.
REPORTS TO: Minister of Church Operations
1) Custodian: Ernesto Jauregui
2) Ministry Associate (shared): Olivia Dcosta
1) Serve as a member of Senior Staff, participating in the overall management of the church.
2) Manage the church facilities, including supervision of the custodian.
3) Risk management for the church.
4) Coordinate general office needs with all of the Senior Staff and Ministry Associates, including equipment and supplies.
5) Help coordinate Serve Weeks and ongoing local service opportunities for the church in partnership with others.
6) Be an active participant in the life of Saratoga Federated Church.
1) Senior Staff, overall management:
a. Weekly Sr. staff meetings
b. Semi-monthly ET meetings
c. Semi-monthly Elder meetings
d. Preparation and follow through related to above meetings
a. Respond to facility issues and emergencies. This includes hands-on minor repair/maintenance of equipment, electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems.
b. Supervise custodian, arrange back-up in his absence.
c. Collaborate with other church teams regarding computer, audio visual and communication infrastructure needs.
d. Liaison with church Foundation on long-term capital issues (refurbishment, property acquisition, pastoral housing).
e. Coordinate and supervise volunteer helpers.
f. Maintain schedule of building uses/users.
g. Manage all property leasing and purchase activity.
h. Manage contract issues with facility users.
i. Interact with neighbors and City on all property and facility issues of public concern.
j. Maintain documentation of all major systems.
k. Maintain the phone system (adds, moves, changes).
3) Risk Management:
a. Maintain adequate auto, property and liability insurance.
b. Implement procedures and processes to minimize or mitigate risks.
c. Provide emergency response plans for church and preschool.
d. Coordinate our response to all claims issues as they arise.
4) General Office and Administration:
a. Coordinate reception duties for the church.
b. Manage office equipment purchases and leasing.
c. Liaison with the Ministry Associates on campus wide admin issues.
5) Serve Sundays:
a. Help solicit and select the projects for each Serve day.
b. Recruit and develop project leaders.
c. Provide publicity to and recruitment of volunteers.
6) Active participation in the life of Saratoga Federated Church
a. Attend Sunday worship services on a regular basis
b. Attend staff meetings on a monthly basis
c. Attend Sr. Staff meetings as needed to adequately coordinate with the rest of staff.
METRICS OF SUCCESS:
1) Customer satisfaction: Elders, Sr. Staff, other staff, congregation
a. Anecdotal evidence based on feedback received
2) Accuracy: Minimal errors in execution and reporting
3) Budget: Ability to manage functions within budget
4) Integrity/Trust: anecdotal based on perceptions/feedback
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
Experience: 3+ years of operations management experience in a multi-building campus environment. Facilities management experience preferred. Experience with leasing contracts from the perspective of both lessor and lessee.
Skills: Evidence of a mature life under the lordship of Jesus Christ, strong communicator, experience with facility maintenance in all areas, familiarity with computer, telephone and audio-visual technology.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, preferred.
This is a full-time job with benefits.