Paid Childcare Aide - Part Time
Our childcare ministry is seeking a part-time, enthusiastic and caring Aide to give support and assistance to the Childcare Coordinator in providing an orderly, safe, and loving environment for children when childcare is offered or needed (events, gatherings, etc.)
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before the event is scheduled to start.
- Make sure the space is ready to receive children - toys are set up neatly and are clean and organized.
- Welcome children and adults in a friendly, welcoming way.
- Be sure diaper bags and other belongings are marked with child’s name
- Make sure children are signed in and are assigned a pager (if applicable)
- Teach age appropriate Bible lessons prepared by Childcare Coordinator
- Care for children by talking to them, playing with them, etc.
- Encourage and praise children.
- Check children for diaper change needs and/ or see if the children need to use the bathroom.
- Remember that we display the love of Jesus through our smiles, appropriate touch, and attention to each child.
- Advise Childcare Coordinator of any concerns or schedule changes.
- Inform parents of any pertinent information in a timely manner.
- Remain in the space until all children are picked up and the room is cleaned. (Aides are encouraged to take a 15-minute break if 3 or more staff are present.)
- Ensure that conversation between childcare staff is age-appropriate, positive, and relevant to the position at all-times while children are present.
- Must be a minimum of 14 years old. (All Aides 18 and under will be paired with an adult Aide)
- Maintain a vital and growing walk with Christ.
- Display love and patience for young children.
- Demonstrate ability to work well with others.
- Is dependable and responsible.
- Has a basic knowledge about and experience with babies and toddlers (or is willing to learn).
- Attend training sessions/meetings when offered or requested.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
Contact Allison Robinson for more information, or to apply.